Pen Name: William Trest, Jr.
Genre: Novella/ Judicial Reform/ Politics
1. Tell us a little about yourself: I am a Mississippi native. I graduated from the University of Mississippi in 1982. I have a degree in Business Administration, and I minored in Political Science.
2. When and why did you begin writing? I studied a great deal about the inequities in the justice system. I wanted to inform the public by writing about it.
3. When did you first consider yourself a writer? When I met the acquisition editor at MeredithEtc in 2013.
4. Is there a message in your book that you want readers to grasp? The judicial system favors citizens who have wealth and influence.
5. Do you have a mentor or writing group? Yes, Meredith C. McGee, niece of James Meredith, author and Starkishia author of Starkishia: Estrella
6. What are your current projects? I am currently writing a book on politics which sheds light on the current political situation and how things could be done differently in Washington, D.C
7. Do you see writing as a career? Yes
8. Who are some of your favorite authors? What really strikes you about their work? John Grisham because he writes legal suspense books. I find these interesting because of their similarities to my first book Reverse Guilty Plea.
9. Who designed your covers? Meredith,etc.
10. What are your hobbies? I enjoy studying politics and the legal system.